Terms and Conditions
We create beautiful quality steel fabricated structures, gates and railings for our clients. Common sense and some initial effort on all parts is required to ensure client safety and satisfaction resulting in beautiful gates and railings built to your required dimensions and design style without any issues.
We take great care and pride in our work. We quality control our products before they are shipped and installed. Although these terms and conditions act as a legal safety net we do understand that mistakes can be made and we endeavour to work with our clients to resolve any issues in the cheapest way where safety is not effected and where any design changes will not create a major impact on the overall look and feel of the steel fabricate structures that we supply.
Steel is unforgiving and cannot be forced, so attention to details and measures from the outset will minimise any wasted money, time and efforts from corrections.
Although there is emphasis on safety and how heavy steel structures can cause personal and property damage, the reality is that if such structures are considered properly initially, stored in a safe manner and location and installed in a safe environment by experienced and qualified builders/installers who practice health and safety then any risks should be eradicated or at least minimised.
- This website is owned and operated by Arenamore Ltd under its brands of "Bespoke Gates and Railings" and "Besgara". Arenamore Ltd of registered address: 10 Oaktree Place, Matford Business Park, Marsh Barton Trading Estate, Exeter, England, EX2 8WA. If you have any questions please call us on: 01392 914029.
- Arenamore Ltd and its clients are governed by English Law and parties to this agreement agree that where deemed necessary any legal items or documents are to be submitted to the courts of England and Wales and that all legal documentation be communicated in written English.
- The designs and content of this site are owned by Arenamore Ltd. Permission is only graned for any information to be copied from this site by a client for the purpose of choosing or educating themselves on our range of products and options to enable them to choose from our range with the intention of purchase.
- Any designs created for a client whether the design concept is created as an idea by the client or created by Arenamore Ltd or its related companies, will be usable by Arenamore ltd or its related companies and brands for the puprose of creating that design and or style for other clients and to be shown on the website or other websites for the promotion of that style as seen fit by Arenamore Ltd. These same rights apply to any photographs taken of a clients installation on location and as such any photos including such photos super-imposed over the house if part of the design for a given client are also usable within our websites and other marketing materials. Should the client object then they will need to contact us and we will remove any photos where their actual house is shown if requested within 2 days of notification. Any other designs or photos where the house and location can be identifed cannot be removed, for example any photos that include a picure taken where the clients house is not shown in full in a give photo or image as to be able to identify that house or location accurately.
- The images on our website https://www.bespokegatesandrailings.co.uk are locked and cannot be copied. Any copies of images will have been screen grabbed and therefore we will know that the designs have been copied if we see them on a competing site. As such images from our site cannot be stored in any manner or any other medium without express written permission from Arenamore Ltd.
Site Access and cookies:
- The site may from time to time utilise cookies for Google search criteria and data or other search engines or digital web based marketing partners such as Facebook, twitter, pinterest, Instgram, Youtube and Bing.
- We reserve the right to IP block or stop access to the site from any site visitor at any time.
- Our site is hosted at Shopify who provide the store in an SSL secure encrypted environment for browsing and payments.
- The website is hosted with Shopify and is centrally stored with them with all data residing on their servers. We are therefore not liable for any resulting damage to technical hardware or software or loss or financial damage caused to your data or computer from access to our website.
- Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for the purposes of marketing. You also have the right to ask to see any personal data that we may hold on you. To do so please write or call.
- We attempt to be responsible in how we store and maintain your personal data and who may or may not access our client data and your personal details. The security of your data and personal details can not be guaranteed by us although your data will not be provided to any 3rd party other than via automated marketing based cookies.
- IF YOU FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING BASIC AND COMMON SENSE PRINCIPLES THEN THERE IS NO REASON TO FEAR THAT YORU GATES AND/OR RAILINGS CAN BE OF HARM OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY.
- RAILING AND GATES ARE HEAVY, SOME VERY HEAVY FROM 30KG TO 100KG+ PER PANEL. A FALLING PANEL OF RAILING OR GATE SECTION CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH, ESPECIALLY TO CHILDREN AND PETS OR VULNERABLE ADULTS.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT DELIVERED ITEMS ARE LAID DOWN FLAT AND NOT STOOD UPRIGHT TO PREVENT FALLING.
PLEASE ENSURE FOR YOUR OWN PEACE OF MIND AND THE SAFETY AND THE LIVES OF YOUR LOVED ONE AND OTHERS THAT YOU TAKE VERY SERIOUSLY THE STORAGE AND POSITION OF ALL OF OUR DELIVERED PRODUCTS.
- ENSURE THAT CHILDREN, ELDERLY, INFIRM OR VULNERABLE ADULTS ARE KEPT FROM ACCESS OR PROXIMITY TO STORED HEAVY IRON ITEMS.
- ENSURE THAT YOUR BUILDER IS ALSO AWARE OF SUCH CONCERNS AND THAT DURING THEIR INSTALLATION PROCESS YOU AND YOUR BUILDER CONTRACTOR KEEP ALL UNNECESSARY PERSONS AWAY FROM THE INSTALLATION PROCESS.
- CHILDREN OR PETS RUNNING AROUND WHILE HEAVY PANELS ARE BEING INSTALLED IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO US AS A PROCESS.
- ENSURE YOUR BUILDER TAKES ALL PRECAUTIONS OF HEALTH AND SAFETY IN THE ERECTION OF HEAVY ITEMS, THAT THEY ARE SECURE AND THAT AREAS WHERE THE RAILINGS CONNECT TO POSTS AND THE POSTS THEMSELVES HAVE NO CHANCE OF FAILING AND FALLING.
- The purchaser of the railings or gates is strongly advised to check all work undertaken by their builder before allowing any other persons near to the railing panels or gates.
Take care with the fixing of the railings or gates to a secure surface and that the posts are fitted to a suitable depth below ground if being fitted below ground. If fitted above ground ensure the structure and surface is secure, level and that the bolts holding the post plates in position are strong enough and secure.
Check your gates and railings regularly to ensure that there is no movement in the parts where the railing or gate is fixed to the wall, post or ground. If such deterioration is present to make the railings or gate move then please ensure that you get a quality, qualified builder to inspect the gates and/or railings and to rectify any issues with your railing panel(s) and/or gate(s).
We do not recommend self installing your gates or railings unless you are an experienced builder.
- The designs shown on the website are representations of the gates and railings and fabricated steel items that we provide.
- The designs are created with the intention to be an approximation of how the finished gates and railings and add on items will look. Our designs may look different on paper and digital than they will in real life, due to lighting. Often Add on products such as rail heads, post tops, panels, locks etc and other bought in 3rd party items will look slightly differnt at times with edges are not as clearly defined as they will be in our 3d designs for a given part, often the actual received parts can vary slightly in their actual dimensions.
- The designs are 3d rendered images which should give the best perspective and idea of how your final product should look, however the final look is determined by the size of your railing or gate sections and gaps between bars which will determine the relative sizes and perspectives of the add on parts for panels, locks and latches, toppers, rail heads and post tops.
- The designs on the website also give the opportunity for the user to see the relative scale sizes of the panels, rail heads and post tops ranges we offer, however, these are close approximations of relative size. Such items are cast or fabricated by 3rd party providers and the precise dimensions of each panel and bought in 3rd party add on items may vary from one item to another, such irregularity is outside of our control other than obvious and large changes in dimensions or visual differences between add on items.
- The use of the phrase "Wrought Iron" is largely due to the need to included the term for search engine listings. Wrought Iron Gates and Wrought Iron Railings have become incorrectly interpreted over time to be considered to mean decorative and elaborate gates and railings designs. Wrought Iron is in fact a rarer, old and traditional iron form used by Black Smiths, given its easier maleability. At Bespoke Gates and Railings, we use mild steel for the structure of our gates and railings and utilise at times cast and other mild steel add on items, including at times stainless steel lock fixings.
- It is the clients responsibility to understand and check that railings conform to any desired or required design parameters, as may be required or insisted upon or the law from developers, freehold owners, local council or government, English Heritage for listed buildings or other private, governmente or quasi government authorities .
- Some inner city areas and other areas may insist on a design style to be adhered to for railings and gates that are installed within a geographical area or community site.
- Any such design requirements need to be communicated to Arenamore Ltd staff to ensure that we can fabricate gates and railings to meet such design or measurement or other guidelines.
- We will not take any responsibility for finding out any such requirements that the client should adhere to, such requirements should be investigated or known by the client and communciated to Arenamore Ltd before the fabrication process starts.
- Listed buildings may also have particular requirements for a set design and installation. Drilling into walls or erecting metal structures against such listed properties and or within the gardens or surrounding areas of such properties may not be permitted or may only be permitted within certain/specific guidelines and design parameters. Again the client is responsible for finding out and ensuring that we are guided accurately to any planning or listed building requirements the design and any geometry/sizes by which the gates and railings should adhere to.
- If the client or an architect/designer or representative of the invoiced client provide drawings or plans of the item(s) to be created by Arenamore Ltd then these drawings will be taken as final. Any updates after payment of the deposit will be accepted, however the delivery or delivery and installation date agreed to can be increased by Arenamore Ltd by the number of days that a new revision in the design arrives after the original design and order and deposit payment.
- If as in the paragraph above the client or agent of the client, after paument of the deposit and submission of a plan or agreement to a plan, changes a design and Arenamore Ltd has bought in a stock of steel or other product or items or services required to create/finish that item/items then the cost of the now obsolete or excess stock of materials or services that is excess to requirement will be charged to the client at the usual cost + margin rate of those materials that are excess to the requirement due to the new drawings or request/requirements made by the cleint or agent.
- Should a client wish to make changes to drawings provided for by Arenamore Ltd that have already been agreed, which then require the changes to be re-designed then this shall be invoiced to the client at the current design rate at that time. Currently that design rate is £60 per hr + vat.
- A design must be authorised by the client for a job to be able to proceed. Failure ot provide authorisation to Arenamore Ltd for an agreed design will mean that the job cannot and will not go ahead until a design is finally agreed by the client. In such a case the deposit will not be returned to the client until a design is reached that the client will approve.
- Free changes to an already agreed design are provided for the client only if allowed on that occassion by Arenamore Ltd.
- Pricing and estimate may change over time. Steel prices may effect our component parts and thus effect pricing. Quotes are however valid for up to 3 months from their creation date.
- Once a quote is agreed by a client we cannot be held liable to provide that design should specific items no longer be available from our 3rd party cast iron and fabricated decorative steel items providers. Should a panel, lock, latch, railhead, topper, post top or other item no longer be available then we will contact the client to offer an alternative. This will be done prior to build to give the client a chance to reject the new offer of replacement decorative or other parts.
- If the client has signed a quote and the items on that quote cannot be provided for the above or other reasons then the client cannot hold us responsible for providing such items, as such in most circumstances parts that are no longer available cannot be provided by us as we will not have the moulds to cast such parts and such creations by ourselves may infringe copyrights of other companies parts and fabrication designs. As such the client cannot always be accommodated for if they insist we must deliver a design they have viewed on our website or agreed to in an estimate. As such if we cannot provide such a design the client is at will to go with a revised design offer from ourselves or to not deal with us on the given fabrication project.
- All gates and railings are priced at £ per ft square rates. The ft2 price includes the cost of any panels or infill add on items such as circles or diamonds and includes post tops, toppers, locks, latches and any items shown in the design you are buying, all as part of the per ft2 price.
- The ft2 price may increase or decrease depending on the size of the panel that you are ordering, the reason is that the ft2 price shown on the website is based on the maximum dimension for railings of around 2.25metres in length and 110cm high for short railings and 1m80cm for tall railings.
- Gates prices per ft2 are unlikely to vary much if at all from the website price. The shorter the railing run or gate the more expensive per ft2 the item will be. Short wall top railings are based on a 1 ft high price by length, prices may change the shorter the width of the railings for wall top railings.
- Any provision for calculation of prices using an online calculator on the website are approximate and provide a rough estimate for the client.
- The online calculation if and when available is simply a calculation of the ft2 price by the ft2 measure from the width and height parameters input by the client.
- Any online calculator should be accurate for its purpose and will usually be the final price accepted and honoured by Arenamore Ltd, however Arenamore Ltd reserve the right to not accept the onkine order per ft2 price and to provide to the client an alternative price if we deem the simplified online calculated price is too distant from the proper price, alternatively also Arenamore Ltd have the right to not accept an order from a client and refund the money to the client for their online order, with any such refunds being made without undue delay direct by account to account or re-credited to the debit/credit card used to buy the goods.
Measurements: Calculating Railing & Gate Widths:
- We just need you to provide the widths and heights of the runs for railings and gaps for gates. If a gate is to be included as part of a railing run then let us know the width you wish the gate to be and we will do the measurements, in such instances we will assume that the gate posts and the gate height will be the same as the railing posts and railing height in the run the gate is to be part of. The client must not use a cloth or plastic measure device or any other device other than a metal tape measure or other accurate measuring device. Plastic and cloth material measures are used for short or for rough not accurate measures as the measure can stretch and therefore provide an inaccurate measure that can be inaccurate to many cm's over a longer distance and can make the installation of your steel structures compromised or even impossible.
- Railings and gates are hand fabricated from square and round bar, flats bars and hollow section bars and 3rd party add on items. The best care from qualified welders is applied to each of our clients gates and railings builds, however this is a hand made process and despite best efforts you will not always find our completed products to be of perfect measure as per specification to the mm accuracy.
- Our aim is to provide aesthetically pleasing and secure and quality designs to our clients and where required ensure that they do at least meet with building and planning guidelines where these are expressed to us as necessary and part of the order by our clients.
- Aside from client expressed planning or building requirements established before the fabrication of their ordered gates and or railings we do not accept any returns where a design may not be of exact mm perfect measures between bars or where height or width may not be accurate to the mm. Our railings or gates will be suitable and fit the gap that you have specified to us at order and there is some small play/give in the width along a run of railing panels to allow for any small inaccuracies in measurements from the client or slight mm imperfections in the fabrication process to not cause any issues on installation and ensure a satisfactory fit on location.
- It is the clients responsibility to provide accurate measurements of the gap width and height where the railings or gates are to be installed. We cannot emphasise enough how essential the accuracy to the mm these measurements should be. If we do not start with the correct measurements then any other differences in final product may turn mm’s into cm’s and cause installation issues. 3 measures of the gap must be provided by the client or their representative builder, being the bottom, middle and top of the gap width to the filled.
- The height of railings is measured to the top of the highest rail head. Where the top flat/bar of the railing or gate is curved up then this will again mean the top measure is taken to be the top of the top rail head or top of the top flat bar within the design.
- Spaces between railing bars and the end bars and the posts are calculated across a given railing run to be near to equal generally within +/- 2 mm and within the 100mm determined by building codes where a design will lend itself/allow itself to conform to such regulation of inter bar spaces. (Any difference in railing bar widths will not be accepted as a reason for the return of a railing run or panel of railing run or gate or other fabricated structure if the difference in a given space is greater or less than +/-2mm unless this provides a clearly noticeable impact on the look of the overall railing run or gate design or where it clearly contravenes a building code or planning code that the client has communicated they wish the fabricated gates or railings to adhere to).
- Should railings or gates be installed on ground that is sloping or not level then we will need to know the details of the ground and the degrees/angle of any slope either for complete or parts of a given railing run or gate installation location. Such variations in the ground may determine the gap required at the bottom of the railing panels and whether a railing panel section or run needs to be stepped or raked for best design/visual impact, safety and effective installation on location.
- Large and heavy items are delivered by Pallet. The pallet is off loaded by the carrier. The pallet needs to be stored somewhere at your home/business address or location for delivery that is secure, off road and not a public obstruction or an obstruction to yourself or those that may visit the location/property. It is advised that you are on location for the receipt of your pallet(s).
- It is advised that you personally supervise the unpacking of the items and that the items are unpacked with care. Some panels can be very heavy and so it is advised for two persons to lift heavy railing panels or gates and that the items are placed somewhere where they will not get damaged and preferably laying down so that they cannot fall and cause personal or property damage.
- These items can be extremely heavy, up to 100kg in weight. Even smaller lighter gates are over 25kg and more often 35kg + in weight. Such items and especially larger railing panel sections must be positioned by the client or builder representing the client in a safe and level location to prevent falling through gravity, wind or other elements or being accidentally walked into or other potential methods or processes that may lead to a falling panel in its location.
- We recommend that railing and gate panels are laid down flat in a safe are to prevent the chance of such items falling.
- We are not liable for damage caused during delivery. All items delivered are insured. However if damage or delay in delivery cause you or your business additional costs or inconvenience and related costs then we cannot be liable for such costs. We will replace any damaged insured items and delivery when completed.
- Estimated times for delivery or delivery and installation of your ordered products will start from when the 50% deposit (or agreed deposit sum) is cleared into the account of Arenamore Ltd. The next phase is for the client to agree the design style which will be with the client within a week of order unless agreed otherwise. The client agrees to confirm and approve a design provided by Arenamore Ltd within 2 days of receipt of the design. The number of days over the 2 days required for the client to approve a design may at the discretion of Arenamore ltd be added to the estimated or agreed time line for the clients delivery. Should the additional time added to the original estimated or agreed timeline for delivery or delivery and installation and a design is agreed provide a delivery or delivery and installation date that does not suit the client then a date and time after the new adjusted date will need to be agreed that is mutually acceptable for the client and Arenamore Ltd.
- Items are photographed before being shrink wrapped for delivery. Sharp edges are secured with polystyrene and then shrink wrapped to the pallet. Should your item arrive at location damaged then please photograph the part and item that is damaged. Any harm or death caused by falling panels or gates is not the responsibility of the supplier but is the responsibility of the buyer and/or their builder. Any other damage caused by a falling panel to any property or possessions of the owner or the builder is not the responsibility of Arenamore Ltd.
Installation and Building Guidelines:
- We offer an installation service for local clients in the South West who are within a close radius of our location based on how fast we can get to the location. We reserve the right to not offer a client an installation service. The client is within their rights to not purchase from us if we cannot or will not offer installation. We are within our rights to not have to accept installation at a clients location. If installation is required by the client by ourselves specifically and is a conditional aspect of the purchase of the gates, railings or other steek fabricated strucure provided by us then the client must let us know at point of order so that we can confirm that installation can be provided to the client. Installation is quoted for on a client by client, deal by deal basis and is determined by the complexity and time taken to reach the location and do the installation as well as any additional parts for fittings on location that may be required.
- Even if a structure is installed by our personnel we do not take responsibility for the structures stability once it is installed and the client is satisfied with the installation and the sturdyness/rigidity and security of their railings/gates/steel structures.
- If your builder is unsure then please ask them to call us for advice on installation.
- We are not liable for any building advice that may be provided by us to either the client or the clients contracted builder contact. It is the clients responsibility to be clear they are content and confident with the ability of their contracted builder and their ability to provide a safe and efficient and secure installation. Any loss of profit or issues relating to insecure or badly fitted or unsafe or unsightly gates or railings installation is the liability of the client and the contracted builder who provided the installation.
- The suitability of the ground or wall or surface upon which the railings or gates are to be attached to is the responsibility of the client or their representative builder. Heavy railing panels or gates need to be secured on solid surfaces and into solid side structures such as walls or connected to a post that is fixed into a solid and stable ground. It is not our responsibility should a gate or railing panel fall and cause damage or injury or cause cost of replacement or related instances to occur such as loss of pets or ease of unauthorised personnel access to the property.
- To remain secure, solid, stable and safe the gates and railings must be fitting into stable and solid structures at all intersections where the fabricated steel structure is fitted to a medium at its installed location/site. This would be the responsibility of the buyer and we would suggest in turn your contracted builder/installer. Again we recommend that you check the solidity and stability and methods by which your builder/installer have prepared any surfaces the steel structure is to be secured to and then finally check the structures stability and quality of installation/fitting once installed. It is better for you to address installation issues while the builders are there than to consider the structures safety or stability after they have gone.
- In some instances where a vertical or horizontal wall or ground surface is to be the structure to hold the steel fabrication such surfaces may need to be reworked to ensure that they are level and or of a solid and stable enough state to take the steel fabricated structure and hold it steady and secure. Such advices would need onsite inspection from a qualified builder.
- Should a former partial or fully installed steel structure already be in position where the new steel fabrication structure is to be located then this will need to be removed by a builder or from onsite welder as required. Should you need our steel structures to attach to any such on site existing steel structures then we would need to know the details and design of that structure to see where and how our steel fabricated structures can be attached to the existing structure. It is always preferable that our steel fabrications structures are installed on a clean and level and secure and location free from complications.
- There is little room for change in railing or gates once they have been fabricated, (welded). Unlike wood there is no easy option to cut off sections or forcing to “make fit”. Accuracy of client measurements as already expressed are essential. The client must take responsibility for the cost of changes after the fabrication process has started or once a run of railings sections has been started. If for example you have 3 sections of railings for 3 sides of a garden each of the 3 sections is referred to as a “run”. If changes are requested for measures or designs of Run 2 while Run 1 is in fabrication then such changes can be accepted. If, however, a run has started and the client makes requests to change or cancel the run the cost of that run will be charged to the client in full with no refund or to the nearest upper 25% of that run that has been completed at that point.
- The client needs to be aware that a change to the style of a run that has already started being fabricated cannot always be changed part way through and that such change will potentially look strange if it is not in line with the design of the other runs and will especially look strange if changed part way through the same run.
- Changes are therefore at the extra cost to the client and may require a run or a number of runs or all runs to be recreated entirely.
- The above terms also apply to client requested changes in the measurement of a run should they have made a mistake in their measures and inform us of this after a run has been partly or fully fabricated. We can accommodate changes in design part way through run to make for example a final panel adjusted in size, however this will potentially impact the look of the railing run as we are careful to ensure that each panel and the post location and bar widths are equal across a given run length.
- Refunds are at the grace of Arenamore Ltd management unless it is clear and proven that an error or fault with the delivered goods is the negligence of any staff member of Arenamore Ltd.
- Refunds will not be provided where the customer changes their mind when the fabrication process has started. Neither will refunds be offered where the customer wishes a design change when the fabrication process has started on a particular railing run or part of the fabrication that canot be changed or modified once started or completed. Such changes that may mean the design change will require the whole item to be rebuilt wil mean a full charge again to the client. If this is not satisfactory to the client then Arenamore Ltd under no obligation to refund any money to the client other than if a 3rd party service has not been already paid for or if installation or delivery has not taken place, in which case just those aspects can be refunded to the client
- Management will work with the customer where possible in such situations, however refunds cannot be relied upon by the client and is as mentioned at the grace of Arenamore Ltd management.
- Bespoke made items are outside of the 14 day return offer of the "Consumer protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and as such any bespoke item is not refundable unless allowable within other terms of these terms and conditions.
Loss, damage or theft:
- Arenamore Ltd will not be responsible for any loss or theft of goods, either while being stored at the location or after installation. After delivery the goods are the sole financial responsibility of the client. The process and any damage of goods while being removed from the van by the client or their builder is the sole responsibility of the client.
- Should gates or railings be stolen or damaged after installation then this is the responsibility of the client and Arenamore Ltd will provide no compensation for loss, theft or damage. This is also the case even if theft prevention devices or hardware are added to a design to prevent or deter theft. Should a lock mechanism either electric or physical lock fail and lead to a theft or loss or ability for persons or pets to enter or leave the property against the wishes of the client then this and any resultant damage or theft or loss or harm to persons or property from this failure is the responsibility of the client and not Arenamore Ltd, unless such issues can be proven as negligent or deliberately negligent of Arenamore Ltd and or its staff.